Best way to show pictures on photography site...

©

©®

I am designing a friend's photography website and would like to have an
"easy" way to have photos as thumbnails and then when a visitor clicks
on a pic, it enlarges it.
Sounds easy enough doing simple html.
But I have loads and loads of pics and don't want to spend hours
creating links to separate images.
Was wondering if there is a feature/extension I can use (Dreamweaver MX
installed) to automate this request. The photographer likes me to take
off and add new photos from time to time. Was hoping there was a
directory with pics that it would automatically use the pics in that
directory.
Don't know anything about SQL, PHP or ASP etc. Just good old html. So if
anyone can show me some ideas, tutorials or something that works - I
would be very grateful!
Thanks

Sid Ismail

: I am designing a friend's photography website and would like to have an
: "easy" way to have photos as thumbnails and then when a visitor clicks
: on a pic, it enlarges it.
: Sounds easy enough doing simple html.
: But I have loads and loads of pics and don't want to spend hours
: creating links to separate images.
: Was wondering if there is a feature/extension I can use (Dreamweaver MX
: installed) to automate this request. The photographer likes me to take
: off and add new photos from time to time. Was hoping there was a
: directory with pics that it would automatically use the pics in that
: directory.
: Don't know anything about SQL, PHP or ASP etc. Just good old html. So if
: anyone can show me some ideas, tutorials or something that works - I
: would be very grateful!
: Thanks
:

I use this: http://www.express-soft.com/etc/

It's a dream. An application:
http://www.sabf.co.za/africa/pics1/

Sid

Paul Taylor

I am designing a friend's photography website and would like to have an
"easy" way to have photos as thumbnails and then when a visitor clicks
on a pic, it enlarges it.
Sounds easy enough doing simple html.
But I have loads and loads of pics and don't want to spend hours
creating links to separate images.
Was wondering if there is a feature/extension I can use (Dreamweaver MX
installed) to automate this request. The photographer likes me to take
off and add new photos from time to time. Was hoping there was a
directory with pics that it would automatically use the pics in that
directory.
Don't know anything about SQL, PHP or ASP etc. Just good old html. So if
anyone can show me some ideas, tutorials or something that works - I
would be very grateful!
Thanks

What about the web photo album feature in DW?

Paul Taylor

Dispatcher

Hi All:
IMHO, the easiest way to accomplish this is with a 'FREEWARE' program
called JAlbum ... http://www.datadosen.se/jalbum/ . It organises all
your photos into thumbnails and comes with templates for you to decide
what look you want. When you push the "generate album" button it
creates the pages and all the neccessary code to display your work ,
either as a slideshow or photo album. I created a family photo album
for the relatives to see vacation shots (250 pics) and posted to our
site in ten minutes.
Try it....
Regards:
Dispatcher

Rob McAninch

Sid Ismail said:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:42:56 +0100, "©®"

: I am designing a friend's photography website and would like
: to have an "easy" way to have photos as thumbnails and then
: when a visitor clicks on a pic, it enlarges it.

I use this: http://www.express-soft.com/etc/
It's a dream. An application:
http://www.sabf.co.za/africa/pics1/

http://irfanview.com Irfanview does a similar thing with images
you select. There's not alot of customization to the HTML, but
thumbs are generated automatically.

I've used it just to generate the thumbs and then hacked out some
Perl to wrap images and link everything togehter more to my
liking.

Here's an article that may help help manage all the pictures in a
more automated fashion:
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col33.html

Email me, if you want help putting those Perl scripts together.