    anyone can show me some ideas, tutorials or something that works - I
    would be very grateful!
    Thanks

    ©®, Jul 14, 2003

  2. ©®

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:42:56 +0100, "©®" <> wrote:

    : I am designing a friend's photography website and would like to have an
    : "easy" way to have photos as thumbnails and then when a visitor clicks
    : on a pic, it enlarges it.
    : Sounds easy enough doing simple html.
    : But I have loads and loads of pics and don't want to spend hours
    : creating links to separate images.
    : Was wondering if there is a feature/extension I can use (Dreamweaver MX
    : installed) to automate this request. The photographer likes me to take
    : off and add new photos from time to time. Was hoping there was a
    : directory with pics that it would automatically use the pics in that
    : directory.
    : Don't know anything about SQL, PHP or ASP etc. Just good old html. So if
    : anyone can show me some ideas, tutorials or something that works - I
    : would be very grateful!
    : Thanks
    :

    I use this: http://www.express-soft.com/etc/

    It's a dream. An application:
    http://www.sabf.co.za/africa/pics1/

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Jul 15, 2003

  3. ©®

    Paul Taylor Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:42:56 +0100, "©®" <> wrote:

    >I am designing a friend's photography website and would like to have an
    >"easy" way to have photos as thumbnails and then when a visitor clicks
    >on a pic, it enlarges it.
    >Sounds easy enough doing simple html.
    >But I have loads and loads of pics and don't want to spend hours
    >creating links to separate images.
    >Was wondering if there is a feature/extension I can use (Dreamweaver MX
    >installed) to automate this request. The photographer likes me to take
    >off and add new photos from time to time. Was hoping there was a
    >directory with pics that it would automatically use the pics in that
    >directory.
    >Don't know anything about SQL, PHP or ASP etc. Just good old html. So if
    >anyone can show me some ideas, tutorials or something that works - I
    >would be very grateful!
    >Thanks

    What about the web photo album feature in DW?

    Paul Taylor

    Paul Taylor, Jul 15, 2003
  4. ©®

    Dispatcher Guest

    Hi All:
    IMHO, the easiest way to accomplish this is with a 'FREEWARE' program
    called JAlbum ... http://www.datadosen.se/jalbum/ . It organises all
    your photos into thumbnails and comes with templates for you to decide
    what look you want. When you push the "generate album" button it
    creates the pages and all the neccessary code to display your work ,
    either as a slideshow or photo album. I created a family photo album
    for the relatives to see vacation shots (250 pics) and posted to our
    site in ten minutes.
    Try it....
    Regards:
    Dispatcher

    Dispatcher, Jul 15, 2003
  5. ©®

    Rob McAninch Guest

    Sid Ismail <news:>:

    > On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:42:56 +0100, "©®"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >: I am designing a friend's photography website and would like
    >: to have an "easy" way to have photos as thumbnails and then
    >: when a visitor clicks on a pic, it enlarges it.
    >
    > I use this: http://www.express-soft.com/etc/
    > It's a dream. An application:
    > http://www.sabf.co.za/africa/pics1/

    http://irfanview.com Irfanview does a similar thing with images
    you select. There's not alot of customization to the HTML, but
    thumbs are generated automatically.

    I've used it just to generate the thumbs and then hacked out some
    Perl to wrap images and link everything togehter more to my
    liking.

    Here's an article that may help help manage all the pictures in a
    more automated fashion:
    http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col33.html

    Email me, if you want help putting those Perl scripts together.

    --
    Rob - http://rock13.com/
    Web Stuff: http://rock13.com/webhelp/

    Rob McAninch, Jul 15, 2003
  6. In article <>, Jacqui or
    (maybe) Pete wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...

    > > > called JAlbum ... http://www.datadosen.se/jalbum/ . It organises all

    > Site seems to be down - or is it just my dns?

    It was (quite long), but seems to be up again now.

    Saapi lähettää meiliä, jos aihe ei liity ryhmään, tai on yksityinen
    tjsp., mutta älä lähetä samaa viestiä meilitse ja ryhmään.

    Lauri Raittila, Jul 22, 2003