    with tutorials? Both?

    Thanks in advance,
    Avi

    Avi, Apr 6, 2009

  2. Avi

    Chris Rebert Guest

    On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Avi <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > What is a good way to learn Python?
    >
    > Do you recommend going by a book (suggestions welcome) or learning
    > with tutorials? Both?

    The official Python tutorial is pretty darn good:
    http://docs.python.org/tutorial/
    If you want a book as well, I personally liked "Python in a Nutshell";
    it's not in tutorial format, but you can definitely learn Python from
    it.

    Cheers,
    Chris

    --
    I have a blog:
    http://blog.rebertia.com

    Chris Rebert, Apr 6, 2009

  3. Avi

    Avi Guest

    A BIG Thanks to Chris and Andrew for suggestions.

    This is an awesome place.

    namekuseijin: haha...got a friend hooked to Python on chat? hilarious!

    Avi, Apr 6, 2009
  4. Avi

    Tairic Guest

    I was looking for a language that seemed easier to learn and that was
    powerful, so I just started learning Python myself. I'm using some
    online tutorials and The book "Python Power!" by Matt Telles. Some of
    the O'Reilley books looked ok (I spent a while in the bookstore
    deciding), but this one was a bit cheaper, and seemed to fit the bill;
    it covers most of what I wanted to know, and I found it pretty easy to
    read. My only complaint is it doesn't have you spend much time coding,
    so I scoured the internet for CS classes with python 'homework' and
    did that. Anyways, good luck!

    Tairic, Apr 7, 2009
  5. Avi

    Ken Dere Guest

    Avi wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > What is a good way to learn Python?
    >
    > Do you recommend going by a book (suggestions welcome) or learning
    > with tutorials? Both?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Avi

    A good book is Learning Python by Lutz (O'Reilly)

    Then, you need to do some actual programming. The best way is to figure out
    some program that you would like to write.

    Ken D

    Ken Dere, Apr 9, 2009