best web drawing software

Tina

I need to find drawing software for my websites. I'm guessing that Adobe
Photoshop is an overkill. What's best for creating bitmaps usable for
websites?

Thanks,

Tina

seems that has been eaten by Corel and it appears to be a photo editing
package. I'm looking for something to draw buttons, menu items, gradiants,
shapes, etc.

clintonG

As soon as you say "gradients" and "shapes" you're kind of jammed into
commercial paint programs. There's been a free release called Gimp that is
cross-platform paint program and somewhat comparable to commercial feature
sets. You can fake your way through shapes using Microsoft Word or other
programs you can copy shapes from into Gimp for painting. Put your thinking
cap on.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
MAP 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W : 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W

namewitheldbyrequest

I have version 7 and it supports gradients and shapes. It has a library
of shapes including button shapes and textures for those shapes. If
Corel crippled it, then look for a down-level version online.

Mike Lowery

Tina said:
I need to find drawing software for my websites. I'm guessing that Adobe
Photoshop is an overkill. What's best for creating bitmaps usable for
websites?

Microsoft used to make a product called PhotoDraw that was excellent at
generating web buttons and the like. Might be able to find a used copy of it
somewhere.

Tina

oh yes. I remember using that. Gave it my 15 minute google search and
could not find a copy. too bad.