    working, and professional.

    Thanks,
    Michael

    Michael, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Michael

    Black Mage Guest

    I personally like to use http://www.ukhost4u.com/. They have very fair
    prices, fairer than a lot of places. They also have a good customer
    support team and a dedicated community of customers.

    Have a go!

    ---
    >>> Blackmage

    Black Mage, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Michael

    Talc Ta Matt Guest

    1. Make sure you are dealing with the webhost themselves, and not one of their
    resellers. It can be hard to tell. Resellers design their sites like THEY are
    the actual webhost. In reality they simply have rights to sell the webhost's
    services at a fee above what the real host charges. Then of course if you have
    a problem your email doesn't go directly to the real host. It goes to the
    reseller doing this on the side out of his bedroom, and he'll forward your
    problem to the host when he gets around to it.

    2. Make sure your host has the servers located in their office. As in, they own
    their own datacenter. This is important because it proves they've made a big
    investment, and are not running it out of their basement in Texas with the
    servers at a provider in NY. Not to mention things will be fixed quicker since
    they should also have a tech on duty 24/7. Don't forget about real 24/7 support
    either. Not the 24/7 support where you can email them at anytime and if the
    owner just so happens to get up at 3am to take a crap and checks his email
    he'll answer it.

    As for hosts...

    The owner of AffordableHost.com hangs around here. I've never seen anyone
    complain, but I've never used them before either.

    I've used HostRocket.com in the past, and I'd use them again. Nice opperation
    they've got there.

    Domain names...

    This really doesn't matter. Any of the well known guys will do. GoDaddy,
    Dotster, NetSol, Register, etc... I use GoDaddy. It's under 10 bucks, and they
    register more new domains than anyone. The big dog is NetSol, but unless you've
    got a big website and everything that goes along with that then the extra $25
    per year isn't even worth it in my view.

    Talc Ta Matt, Sep 2, 2003