Beta Testers Invited - Xavier's DNS Client .NET Component

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Xavier Jefferson, Aug 21, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    I'm in the beta stage of distributing an inexpensive .NET component with
    which to do DNS queries. Looking for suggestions and to see how well this
    performs in some other-than-my-own real world situations. The current beta
    will run until 9/3/2004 after which I'll be selling this item for about $139
    per developer license.

    Contributors with WORTHWHILE feedback will be privy to a free developer
    license once this moves out of beta.

    This component supports performing multiple queries in one transaction (per
    RFC), "fallback" DNS servers (in case a primary fails) of your choice (your
    own list or the local machine's configured DNS's), and about 14 different
    Resource Record types.

    Get it while it's hot, with a sample application (and source) at
    http://www.xavierjefferson.com/shareware/dnsclient.asp You can also contact
    me using the contact form there.

    Thanks,

    Xavier Jefferson
    Los Angeles, CA
    Xavier Jefferson, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Xavier Jefferson

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    Define WORTHWHILE.

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Aug 21, 2004

  3. This seems more like an advertisement than a request for peer-to-peer
    assistance.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Aug 21, 2004