    letting the spammers know about it?

    Thanks,
    John
    grasp06110, May 20, 2009

  2. On May 21, 1:14 am, grasp06110 <> wrote:
    > ..
    > I love(d) this site ...

    'This' is not a site, it is a usenet newsgroup.
    Usenet predates the internet and 'web sites'.

    Speaking of web sites, some people have had a
    successful time suppressing the spam by blocking
    all posts from Google groups. Those people would
    not see your post, my post, nor the 95% of spam
    that is posted through Google groups.

    --
    Andrew T.
    pscode.org
    Andrew Thompson, May 21, 2009

  3. grasp06110

    Lew Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > On May 21, 1:14 am, grasp06110 <> wrote:
    >> ..
    >> I love(d) this site ...

    > 'This' is not a site, it is a usenet newsgroup.
    > Usenet predates the internet and 'web sites'.
    >
    > Speaking of web sites, some people have had a
    > successful time suppressing the spam by blocking
    > all posts from Google groups. Those people would
    > not see your post, my post, nor the 95% of spam
    > that is posted through Google groups.

    There are those who'd include your posts in the 95%, Andrew, although I'm not
    one of them.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, May 21, 2009
  4. On May 21, 11:59 am, Andrew Thompson <> wrote:
    > On May 21, 1:14 am, grasp06110 <> wrote:
    >
    > > ..
    > > I love(d) this site ...

    > 'This' is not a site, it is a usenet newsgroup.
    > Usenet predates the internet..

    Oops - the WWW.

    --
    Andrew T.
    pscode.org
    Andrew Thompson, May 21, 2009
  5. On May 21, 1:24 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > There are those who'd include your posts in the 95%, Andrew, ...

    Huhh? Who? Where? When?

    The last time I read a thread where I recall any
    suggestion along those lines was when Paul Lutus
    compared me to a used car salesman for having
    Google (and one or two other ..amazon etc.) ads
    on my site*. But that was a long time ago.

    * I did not argue with him (AFAIR), since I did
    have the ads at that time and few people took
    his rants seriously, anyway. ( Plus I knew I'd
    be sticking around the groups, a lot longer than
    he would ;).

    --
    Andrew T.
    pscode.org
    Andrew Thompson, May 21, 2009
  6. Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > On May 21, 1:24 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    >> There are those who'd include your posts in the 95%, Andrew, ...

    > Huhh? Who? Where? When?
    >
    > The last time I read a thread where I recall any
    > suggestion along those lines was when Paul Lutus
    > compared me to a used car salesman for having
    > Google (and one or two other ..amazon etc.) ads
    > on my site*. But that was a long time ago.

    What is it about c.l.j.p posters named "Paul"?
    Mike Schilling, May 21, 2009
  7. grasp06110

    Lew Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > On May 21, 1:24 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    >> There are those who'd include your posts in the 95%, Andrew, ...

    > Huhh? Who? Where? When?

    It was a joke. If anyone makes unpopular posts around here, I'm a prime
    candidate.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, May 21, 2009
  8. On May 21, 11:15 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > > On May 21, 1:24 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > >> There are those who'd include your posts in the 95%, Andrew, ...

    > > Huhh?  Who?  Where? When?

    > It was a joke.

    Oops. My bad.

    --
    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, May 22, 2009
  9. grasp06110

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Mike Schilling wrote:
    > Andrew Thompson wrote:
    >> On May 21, 1:24 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    >>> There are those who'd include your posts in the 95%, Andrew, ...

    >> Huhh? Who? Where? When?
    >>
    >> The last time I read a thread where I recall any
    >> suggestion along those lines was when Paul Lutus
    >> compared me to a used car salesman for having
    >> Google (and one or two other ..amazon etc.) ads
    >> on my site*. But that was a long time ago.

    > What is it about c.l.j.p posters named "Paul"?

    There must be more quite normal Paul's posting here.

    We have had one rather un-normal Paul the last couple
    of years.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, May 22, 2009
  10. grasp06110

    Lew Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > Oops. My bad.

    No, it's on me. It was a bad joke, not funny, and I shouldn't have done it.
    I apologize.

    For the record, Andrew is a valuable contributor to the Java forums.

    That is not a joke.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, May 22, 2009
  11. grasp06110

    keif Guest

    On May 21, 9:23 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > Lew wrote:
    > >> It was a joke.

    > Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > > Oops.  My bad.

    > No, it's on me.  It was a bad joke, not funny, and I shouldn't have done it.
    > I apologize.
    >
    > For the record, Andrew is a valuable contributor to the Java forums.
    >
    > That is not a joke.
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    I laughed, but I'm following on the google group so it probably was
    lost on the majority of you...
    -kb
    keif, May 22, 2009