bgcolor attribute not consistent between PCs

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Peter Merwood, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Hi

    I've developed a simple ASP.NET page using Visual Studio 2003. On the page
    are a number of tables which I have shaded the background of using the
    bgcolor table attribute/property. My HTML code to do this is shown below:

    TABLE id="tblAddress" style="BORDER-RIGHT: navy 0.75pt solid; BORDER-TOP:
    navy 0.75pt solid; Z-INDEX: 103; LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT: navy 0.75pt solid;
    BORDER-BOTTOM: navy 0.75pt solid; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 16px"
    borderColor="navy" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="3" width="75%" align="left"
    bgColor="#ccffcc" border="0"

    On my development PC the bgcolor="#ccffcc" property produces a very light
    blue. However, on my customers PC it produces a lime green.

    I thought using hex colour codes with the bgcolor property would produce
    absolute colours that were not susceptible to any change on another PC.
    Changing the Windows theme on the clients PC doesn't seem to have any effect
    on the colour of my tables.

    Can someone give me some ideas as to why the colours I've selected are not
    reliably produced on a client PC and tell me how I can ensure that any
    colours I select will be displayed. Thanks.

    Peter,

    Peter Merwood, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Peter Merwood

    Hermit Dave Guest

    they are almost similar to a great extent (could differ slightly between
    browsers)
    but it could also vary on monitor's color settings etc.
    since anything by default is over ridden by manual settings on the
    monitor.... they just might look different.
    the best way to confirm this would be to create a small image of that color
    and put it in as a table background or something like that
    and put it along side with the rest of your code....
    see how they look.

    --
    Regards,
    HD

    Hermit Dave, Jan 28, 2004

  3. Hi

    Thanks for your prompt response. I'm a bit sceptical about the monitor
    colour settings. The client has about 60 PCs (admittedly with the same
    model of monitor) and all of them show lime green when they should shoul
    light blue.

    I'll give the image thing you've suggested a try.

    Peter,

    Peter Merwood, Jan 28, 2004
  4. Peter Merwood

    Hermit Dave Guest

    good luck with that and let me know how it goes

    Hermit Dave, Jan 28, 2004