bgcolor attribute not consistent between PCs

Peter Merwood

Hi

I've developed a simple ASP.NET page using Visual Studio 2003. On the page
are a number of tables which I have shaded the background of using the
bgcolor table attribute/property. My HTML code to do this is shown below:

TABLE id="tblAddress" style="BORDER-RIGHT: navy 0.75pt solid; BORDER-TOP:
navy 0.75pt solid; Z-INDEX: 103; LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT: navy 0.75pt solid;
BORDER-BOTTOM: navy 0.75pt solid; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 16px"
borderColor="navy" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="3" width="75%" align="left"
bgColor="#ccffcc" border="0"

On my development PC the bgcolor="#ccffcc" property produces a very light
blue. However, on my customers PC it produces a lime green.

I thought using hex colour codes with the bgcolor property would produce
absolute colours that were not susceptible to any change on another PC.
Changing the Windows theme on the clients PC doesn't seem to have any effect
on the colour of my tables.

Can someone give me some ideas as to why the colours I've selected are not
reliably produced on a client PC and tell me how I can ensure that any
colours I select will be displayed. Thanks.

Peter,

Hermit Dave

they are almost similar to a great extent (could differ slightly between
browsers)
but it could also vary on monitor's color settings etc.
since anything by default is over ridden by manual settings on the
monitor.... they just might look different.
the best way to confirm this would be to create a small image of that color
and put it in as a table background or something like that
and put it along side with the rest of your code....
see how they look.

Peter Merwood

Hi

Thanks for your prompt response. I'm a bit sceptical about the monitor
colour settings. The client has about 60 PCs (admittedly with the same
model of monitor) and all of them show lime green when they should shoul
light blue.

I'll give the image thing you've suggested a try.

Peter,