Big favour needed to test site combos

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Laphan, Aug 31, 2003.

  1. Laphan

    Laphan Guest

    Hi All

    I know this is a big favour, but I knew I'd get good honest feedback from
    you.

    Basically users are saying that I'm having time out problems with a site of
    mine, but I can't pin it down because it's OK when I look at it on my
    dial-up.

    I know there must be something wrong because of the amount of complaints.

    The way the site works is that it you click the 'Latest Addtions', 'Product
    Lists' and 'Specials' links on the left hand side and this displays
    individual product lists that you can page through with the next and

    Now the 'Product Lists' button should display a pop-up menu where you can
    select more of these lists.

    This is where my big favour comes in. What I've done is create 4 versions
    of the same site with each having the same visible look but each having a
    different internal/background change.

    If possible, could you please do the following for me and let me know your
    feedback:

    1) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk and just click through the product lists
    as I have mentioned above. PLEASE NOTE: as I have put the test sites
    together some of the pages may not display correctly so could you please
    ignore this. It is how many time outs you experience (if any) whilst
    navigating round the site.

    Could you please note down how many time outs you get.

    2) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk/test211/ and just click through, etc,
    etc

    Could you please note down how many time outs you get.

    3) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk/test221/ and just click through, etc,
    etc

    Could you please note down how many time outs you get.

    4) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk/test222/ and just click through, etc,
    etc

    Could you please note down how many time outs you get.

    I know it's a lot too ask, but I'm tearing my hair out with it and it
    shouldn't take that long to be honest.

    Many, Many thanks.

    Rgds

    Laphan
    Laphan, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Laphan

    Laphan Guest

    Sorry Curt

    If poss, can u try it again.

    ISP (FastHosts) had a problem with the server on this domain and have just
    fixed it.

    As for the site, its extremely lean (a 56K user can easily go round it), but
    I'm trying to prove it's an ISP problem.

    Your feedback would be very much appreciated.

    Rgds

    Laphan

    Curt_C [MVP] <software_AT_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
    WOW do they load SLOW....
    What the heck are you doing behind the scenes or is your webserver that bad?

    Personally I would reconsider what you are doing and find out what's killing
    the load time

    They didn't timeout but if this wasn't a test I wouldn't have stuck around
    long enough to see what was even on the site.....

    Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
    http://www.Darkfalz.com

    Laphan, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Laphan

    Laphan Guest

    Hi Guys

    Could you just try the following site to let me know how you get on:

    http://www.taylormademortgages.net/test/

    Many thanks once again.

    Rgds

    Laphan

    Laphan, Aug 31, 2003
  4. Laphan

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    they all came up, no timeouts

    Curt_C [MVP], Aug 31, 2003
  5. Laphan

    Laphan Guest

    Many thanks Curt

    NG Cry: Anybody else have problems???

    Rgds

    Laphan

    Curt_C [MVP] <software_AT_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
    came up fine.

    Laphan, Aug 31, 2003
  6. Laphan

    Alan Guest

    I'm getting:

    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

    Type mismatch: 'CInt'

    /test/products.asp, line 40

    At http://www.taylormademortgages.net/test/

    Alan