Big Picture

Kayser

Hi,

I'm want to create a program which manipulate big pictures (around 80Mo
already compressed). Those manipulations are quite simple, e.g.
Resizing, Compressing, ...

My question :
Is Java a good tool to do that, (according to a good performances and
efficientcies) ? If not, is there any other languages which can do this
?

Regards,

JC

Yes. I developed an app once that handled huge images (much bigger
than 80MB). However, it took a lot of work to be able to work with
those images as smoothly as the app did it. It can be done. (And that
was also awhile ago - I'm guessing new features in the Java API can
help you out even more.)

Ben_

I don't think the problem is the programming language, but the programmer's
ability to write performant code (load all image in memory vs. deal with it
in small chunks, etc).

There are several imaging libraries available.

Give them a try.

Kayser

Hi guys, thx for answering,

Do you know any tutorials to improve my image skills manipulation using
Java. Because, I really don't have any idear how to tune a program like
that.

Regards,

JC a écrit :

JC

Well, like Ben said, there are quite a few image libraries out there
that will already do the work for you. Again, it's been so long, I
can't remember the names, but do a Google search for java image
libraries or something along those lines. I'm guessing you're going
to find some good things.

Good luck.