bignums.h

Chris Johnson

I'm making a prime-generating program, and due to the nature of primes,
this program will need to handle very large numbers. I've googled around a
bit and found I need a header called bignums.h, but for the life of me
I've been unable to find it. Does anybody have a specific location from
which I may download this header.

More generally, is there a C header repository that I can access that
would prevent me from needing to bring this to usenet. Thanks.

Chris

Raymond Martineau

I'm making a prime-generating program, and due to the nature of primes,
this program will need to handle very large numbers. I've googled around a
bit and found I need a header called bignums.h, but for the life of me
I've been unable to find it. Does anybody have a specific location from
which I may download this header.

More generally, is there a C header repository that I can access that
would prevent me from needing to bring this to usenet. Thanks.

With C, I doubt you can do much with "bignums.h" alone - you need a library
to go with it.

Try a google search for "Arbitrary Precision library" - the first links you
find point to the "GNU MP Precision Library" and the "Fracting Arbitrary
Precision Library".

Gordon Burditt

I'm making a prime-generating program, and due to the nature of primes,
this program will need to handle very large numbers. I've googled around a
bit and found I need a header called bignums.h, but for the life of me
I've been unable to find it. Does anybody have a specific location from
which I may download this header.

This header is part of a program I wrote for producing large banners
a long time ago. It puts one character of the message on roughly
two adjacent pieces of 11" x 17" line printer paper, or optionally
on a carefully assembled array of three pages by six pages per
character. Normally you put the whole banner on the outside of the
top floor of a dorm so it's readable from the other side of the
Quad or a street, with a message like "IMPEACH Nixon!".

Did you PIRATE that program? It was NOT open-source (not that anyone
really wants it).

Gordon L. Burditt

CBFalconer

Chris said:
I'm making a prime-generating program, and due to the nature of
primes, this program will need to handle very large numbers. I've
googled around a bit and found I need a header called bignums.h,
but for the life of me I've been unable to find it. Does anybody
have a specific location from which I may download this header.

You are confused. headers are used to describe the available
contents of libraries, packages, compilation units, etc. to the
code using such. When you find the appropriate package the header
will be there.

--
"I support the Red Sox and any team that beats the Yankees"
"Any baby snookums can be a Yankee fan, it takes real moral

jacob navia

Chris said:
I'm making a prime-generating program, and due to the nature of primes,
this program will need to handle very large numbers. I've googled around a
bit and found I need a header called bignums.h, but for the life of me
I've been unable to find it. Does anybody have a specific location from
which I may download this header.

More generally, is there a C header repository that I can access that
would prevent me from needing to bring this to usenet. Thanks.

Chris
The lcc-win32 C compiler uses a header that is called "bignums.h"
If you download lcc-win32 you will find all you need to work with
big numbers.

The documentation is useful too, download it together with the
whole package at:
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

Chris Johnson

You are confused. headers are used to describe the available
contents of libraries, packages, compilation units, etc. to the
code using such. When you find the appropriate package the header
will be there.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm new to C, after having dealt primarily with
perl (and a very little C++) so I'm used to includes referring to actual
modules.

Chris Johnson

With C, I doubt you can do much with "bignums.h" alone - you need a library
to go with it.

Try a google search for "Arbitrary Precision library" - the first links you
find point to the "GNU MP Precision Library" and the "Fracting Arbitrary
Precision Library".

Thanks. GMP is just what I needed.

Chris

CBFalconer

Christopher said:
I thought that was Trollsdale's line? ;)

Ugh, spit, spit. Brush furiously. Spit. Retch.