    More generally, is there a C header repository that I can access that
    would prevent me from needing to bring this to usenet. Thanks.

    Chris

    Chris Johnson, Oct 20, 2004

  2. On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:43:30 -0500, Chris Johnson <>
    wrote:

    >I'm making a prime-generating program, and due to the nature of primes,
    >this program will need to handle very large numbers. I've googled around a
    >bit and found I need a header called bignums.h, but for the life of me
    >I've been unable to find it. Does anybody have a specific location from
    >which I may download this header.
    >
    >More generally, is there a C header repository that I can access that
    >would prevent me from needing to bring this to usenet. Thanks.

    With C, I doubt you can do much with "bignums.h" alone - you need a library
    to go with it.

    Try a google search for "Arbitrary Precision library" - the first links you
    find point to the "GNU MP Precision Library" and the "Fracting Arbitrary
    Precision Library".

    Raymond Martineau, Oct 20, 2004

  3. >I'm making a prime-generating program, and due to the nature of primes,
    >this program will need to handle very large numbers. I've googled around a
    >bit and found I need a header called bignums.h, but for the life of me
    >I've been unable to find it. Does anybody have a specific location from
    >which I may download this header.

    This header is part of a program I wrote for producing large banners
    a long time ago. It puts one character of the message on roughly
    two adjacent pieces of 11" x 17" line printer paper, or optionally
    on a carefully assembled array of three pages by six pages per
    character. Normally you put the whole banner on the outside of the
    top floor of a dorm so it's readable from the other side of the
    Quad or a street, with a message like "IMPEACH Nixon!".

    Did you PIRATE that program? It was NOT open-source (not that anyone
    really wants it).

    Gordon L. Burditt

    Gordon Burditt, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Chris Johnson

    CBFalconer Guest

    Chris Johnson wrote:

    > I'm making a prime-generating program, and due to the nature of
    > primes, this program will need to handle very large numbers. I've
    > googled around a bit and found I need a header called bignums.h,
    > but for the life of me I've been unable to find it. Does anybody
    > have a specific location from which I may download this header.

    You are confused. headers are used to describe the available
    contents of libraries, packages, compilation units, etc. to the
    code using such. When you find the appropriate package the header
    will be there.

    --
    "I support the Red Sox and any team that beats the Yankees"
    "Any baby snookums can be a Yankee fan, it takes real moral

    CBFalconer, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Chris Johnson

    jacob navia Guest

    Chris Johnson wrote:
    > I'm making a prime-generating program, and due to the nature of primes,
    > this program will need to handle very large numbers. I've googled around a
    > bit and found I need a header called bignums.h, but for the life of me
    > I've been unable to find it. Does anybody have a specific location from
    > which I may download this header.
    >
    > More generally, is there a C header repository that I can access that
    > would prevent me from needing to bring this to usenet. Thanks.
    >
    > Chris

    The lcc-win32 C compiler uses a header that is called "bignums.h"
    If you download lcc-win32 you will find all you need to work with
    big numbers.

    The documentation is useful too, download it together with the
    whole package at:
    http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

    jacob navia, Oct 20, 2004
  6. On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:33:27 +0000, CBFalconer wrote:
    > You are confused. headers are used to describe the available
    > contents of libraries, packages, compilation units, etc. to the
    > code using such. When you find the appropriate package the header
    > will be there.

    Thanks for clarifying. I'm new to C, after having dealt primarily with
    perl (and a very little C++) so I'm used to includes referring to actual
    modules.

    Chris Johnson, Oct 20, 2004
  7. On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:15:49 -0400, Raymond Martineau wrote:
    > With C, I doubt you can do much with "bignums.h" alone - you need a library
    > to go with it.
    >
    > Try a google search for "Arbitrary Precision library" - the first links you
    > find point to the "GNU MP Precision Library" and the "Fracting Arbitrary
    > Precision Library".

    Thanks. GMP is just what I needed.

    Chris

    Chris Johnson, Oct 20, 2004
  8. CBFalconer <> spoke thus:

    > You are confused.

    I thought that was Trollsdale's line? ;)

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Oct 20, 2004
  9. Chris Johnson

    CBFalconer Guest

    Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
    > CBFalconer <> spoke thus:
    >
    >> You are confused.

    > I thought that was Trollsdale's line? ;)

    Ugh, spit, spit. Brush furiously. Spit. Retch.

    CBFalconer, Oct 21, 2004
  10. On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 05:38:48 GMT, in comp.lang.c , CBFalconer
    <> wrote:

    > "I listened to Toronto come back from 3:0 in '42, I plan to
    > watch Boston come back from 3:0 in 04"

    You're a lucky boy. :)
    --
    Mark McIntyre