Bin Directory location - ASP.Net 2.0

Guest

Hello,

I am working on a website that I (currently) publish via FTP. I am having
an problem, though, with the precompiled files. The issue is, the web site
that I am working on goes in a subdirectory of the root. However, my site
won't work unless I move the files from "Root/MyApp/bin" to "Root/bin".

I could live with having to move these files every time I publish, but this
also appears to have an unpleasant side effect of looking for Login.aspx in
the incorrect location - it appears to look for it in Root, when it is
actually in Root/MyApp.

Is there anything I can do (something in the web.config, perhaps), or ask my
ISP to do (or if it is allowed), to allow my application to run in the
subdirectory?

Thanks,
PAGates

Tim Payne

You need the subdirectory to be configured to have an application in IIS. If
your ISP has a decent control panel, this might be something you can do
yourself, otherwise you'd have to ask your isp to do it for you. It
shouldn't be a problem for them to sort, it's a two minute job to do.

Cheers,

Tim.