\bin directory location

Timo

I need to incorporate several aspx pages into an existing website. The
target structure looks like this:

inetpub
-- wwwroot
------ webapps
--------- App1
------------subdir1
------------subdir2
------------subdir3

A virtual directory has been created for App1. Some of my aspx pages have
to go into \subdir2 and others into \subdir3. Can I put my \bin
subdirectories which contain the respective code-behind DLLs beneath subdir2
and subdir3? Are the code-behind DLLs, by default, looked for in a \bin
directory situated beneath the directory containing the aspx page, or do I
have to edit a config file and specify the location(s)?
Thanks!
Timo

Raymond Lewallen

Timo,

As I understand it, the \Bin directory is the default assembly cache for
your Web application. Unless your Web application shares DLLs with another
application, place all DLLs that your application uses in the \Bin directory
to ensure that references to the class objects contained in them resolve
correctly. These assemblies can include business logic or compiled custom
server controls. If your application shares assemblies with other
applications, place the shared DLLs in the global assembly cache.

HTH,

Raymond Lewallen