Binary (dmg) for Ruby 1.8.4 on OS X 10.4?

Keith Pitty

Hello,

I would like to upgrade Ruby from 1.8.2 to 1.8.4 on OS X 10.4 and am
wondering if there's a binary (dmg) file I can use to save me compiling.
I'm sure I used one when I installed 1.8.2.

Does anybody know of a dmg file for 1.8.4?

Thanks in advance.

Keith Pitty

Daniel Harple

Does anybody know of a dmg file for 1.8.4?

This was created using darwinports -- port mpkg ruby, which creates
an installer for ruby and all it's dependencies. It will install to /
opt/local. If you ever plan on installing darwinports, be sure to
remove this. Note: I've never tested doing this, but I am 90% sure it
will work.

Packaged:
* libiconv-1.10
* openssl-0.9.8a
* readline-5.0.005
* zlib-1.2.3
* ruby-1.8.4

Everything should work, unlike the ruby apple ships. ;)

http://generalconsumption.org/ruby/ruby-1.8.4.dmg

Regards,
-- Daniel