Binary streaming

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by panda, Sep 26, 2006.

  1. panda

    panda Guest

    Hi,

    Here is a written descripton of my webpage.
    One frame split down the middle. The left side is the menu and the right
    displays what is selected from the menu.

    the user selects from the menu and on the right, clicks on "download image"
    link. the user is presented with a download dialog box. The user saves the
    image and when it is completed goes and selects another item from the menu.
    But this time nothing happens.

    It is like i have to refresh the page before anything works again. It is
    like it is stuck on the ASP binary stream file that forced the download.

    on my link i have

    How can i fix this?

    thanks
    panda, Sep 26, 2006

  2. panda

    Joe Reynolds Guest

    why not just link to the image directly??? why is your HREF pointing to an
    asp page? just point it at the JPEG

    Joe Reynolds, Sep 26, 2006

  3. He may want to prevent leeching:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2276

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 26, 2006
  4. panda

    panda Guest

    Hi,

    sorry i think i am not getting to the write problem.

    the href is pointing to the asp file that force downloads the imagefile.
    There are parameters that i have not included in the sample.

    it would be download.asp?cat=1&img=image.jpg

    My problem is after the users save the image and select another item from
    the menu, the main screen (right) does not display the newly selected item

    panda, Sep 27, 2006
  5. panda

    panda Guest

    Just want to force a download instead of the the web browser showing the
    image. Some of the images are very big, so downloading it first is a better
    option.

    I am able to force download the image, but after the image has been saved
    and the user goes to select another group of images, the browser does not
    show the new set of images. it is like it is still focused on the download
    dialog box and not the main window

    panda, Sep 27, 2006