    can somebody give me solution for this

    thankx
    perrin
    Perrin Aybara, Jan 18, 2005

  2. Perrin Aybara

    Steve Holden Guest

    Perrin Aybara wrote:

    > hi..
    > my code was working pretty well until yesterday.suddenly it started
    > giving me bind error: address already in use.
    > but i have logged out and again logged in, but still the problem is not solved
    > can somebody give me solution for this
    >
    > thankx
    > perrin

    Next time, please ask a slightly smarter question:

    I presume you are talking about a socket-based server program?

    There's a timeout period during which your server port will be left
    unusable (according to the TCP standards). You can avoid this by setting
    the socket.SO_REUSEADDR option when you open your server socket.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden http://www.holdenweb.com/
    Holden Web LLC +1 703 861 4237 +1 800 494 3119
    Steve Holden, Jan 18, 2005