Bind to MembershipUserCollection Names?

xenophon

I want to bind a DropDownList to the names in a
MembershipUserCollection. How can I do that, sorting the names
alphabetically?

Using ASP.NET 2.0. Thanks.

Guest

Hello xenophone,

To get a list of the membership names and databind to a DropDownList how
about:
=-=-=-=-
ddlMembers.DataSource = Membership.GetAllUsers();
ddlMembers.DataBind();
=-=-=-=-

The names should be sorted alphabetically. You can tell be looking at the
stored procedure aspnet_Membership_GetAllUsers. In the select statement there
is an ORDER BY u.UserName clause.