Binding data to a Drop Down List

Guest

I'm trying to bind data from a table in a database to a dropdownlist. I can
successfully add the connection and data adapter but when I add the dataset I
get and error during build.

The type or namespace name 'DataSet1' does not exist in the class or
namespace 'CiscoSpares.CiscoSpares' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Any help???

Guest

Where are you defining the DataSet1 variable? This may be a scope issue if
you don't have a class level declaration and you're trying to access DataSet1
from a method that doesn't have access to DataSet1.

Also verify that your project has a reference set to System.Data which is
the assembly that defines the DataSet type.

John Saunders

Richard Pidcock said:
I'm trying to bind data from a table in a database to a dropdownlist. I
can
successfully add the connection and data adapter but when I add the
dataset I
get and error during build.

The type or namespace name 'DataSet1' does not exist in the class or
namespace 'CiscoSpares.CiscoSpares' (are you missing an assembly
reference?)

Any help???

If you used all the defaults, then the type of your strongly-typed dataset
is "DataSet1". The name of the instance added to your page would be
"DataSet11".

Can you show the line on which you are receiving this error?

John Saunders