Binding data to radiobutton in a FormView

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by sck10, Jun 29, 2006.

  1. sck10

    sck10 Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to use a radiobutton inside of a FormView for editing data. My
    question is how do you bind the radio buttons to the data field? Thanks,
    sck10

    <asp:RadioButton id="rbn01Approved" runat="server"
    Text="Approved"
    TextAlign="left"
    GroupName="rbn02"
    Checked="False"/></td>

    <asp:RadioButton id="rbn01Denied" runat="server"
    Text="Denied"
    TextAlign="Right"
    GroupName="rbn02"
    Checked="False"/></td>

    sck10, Jun 29, 2006

  2. sck10

    Guest

    you'll have to fill the radiobuttonlist with data, either enter
    manually, or from another data source

    to hook it up with the data in for your formview:

    you can set

    SelectedValue='<%# Eval("Some Field In Your Formview Datasource") %>'

    or

    SelectedIndex='<%# Eval("Some Field In Your Formview Datasource") %>'

    cheers

    neil

    sck10 wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to use a radiobutton inside of a FormView for editing data. My
    > question is how do you bind the radio buttons to the data field? Thanks,
    > sck10

    > <asp:RadioButton id="rbn01Approved" runat="server"
    > Text="Approved"
    > TextAlign="left"
    > GroupName="rbn02"
    > Checked="False"/></td>

    > <asp:RadioButton id="rbn01Denied" runat="server"
    > Text="Denied"
    > TextAlign="Right"
    > GroupName="rbn02"
    > Checked="False"/></td>

    , Jun 29, 2006

  3. Hi,

    Thank you for your post.

    You can use RadioButtonList and its DataBinding event to do this. Using
    SqlServer database Northwind's Products for example:

    <asp:RadioButtonList ID="rlist1"
    OnDataBinding="RadioButtonList1_DataBinding" runat="server">
    <asp:ListItem Text="Discontinued"></asp:ListItem>
    <asp:ListItem Text="In Stock"></asp:ListItem>
    </asp:RadioButtonList>

    protected void RadioButtonList1_DataBinding(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    RadioButtonList rlist = (RadioButtonList) sender;
    bool discontinued = (bool) DataBinder.Eval(rlist.BindingContainer,
    "DataItem.Discontinued");
    string text = "In Stock";
    if (discontinued)
    {
    text = "Discontinued";
    }
    foreach(ListItem li in rlist.Items)
    {
    if (li.Text == text)
    {
    li.Selected = true;
    break;

    Regards,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jun 29, 2006
  4. sck10

    sck10 Guest

    Thanks Walter...

    sck10, Jun 30, 2006
  5. You're welcome!

    If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
    contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

    Have a nice day!

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jul 3, 2006