binding DataGrids to a Custom Collection

Colin Basterfield

Hi,

Has anyone read Jan Tielens article on Data binding and Web Services using
Custom Collections?

http://www.microsoft.com/belux/nl/msdn/community/columns/jtielens/webservicewrapper.mspx

The basic premise is that the proxy that is generated doesn't expose the
members of the collection as properties but as public fields which a
DataGrid can't resolve. He has a cool solution which generates a wrapper
class and compiles it to an in memory assembly at runtime that generates the
properties which can be resolved by the datagrid's binding mechanism. Very
cool, imho...

Well I was wondering if anyone knows why although it works with a Win form
it doesn't with a Web form.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone...

many thanks in advance
Colin B