Binding DataSet with changed col. captions

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by GrumpyDev, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. GrumpyDev

    GrumpyDev Guest

    Hi. My question is regarding binding a DataSet to a
    DataGrid. When I change Caption property of all column in
    my dataset and then bind dataset to a DataGrid, new
    caption aren't displayed in a grid header. A DataGrid
    displays captions (field names) from a query that was used
    to build a dataset.

    For example (this is not a real example), I have a dataset
    build on "Select OrderID from Orders". I then change a
    caption property of a first column to 'Order Number' and
    bind my dataset to a grid. In column header I
    see 'OrderID', not 'Order Number'.

    Is that a bug? Does anybody have similar problems?
    I know that to solve my problem I can include a new
    caption in a select statement (Select OrderID [Order
    Number] from Orders). But in my case, I need to change it
    manually.

    Also, I'm just curious. I would think that DataGrid
    display column headers from Caption properties of each
    column.
    GrumpyDev, Aug 21, 2003