binding ObjectDataSource to a VS.NET Dataset doesn't work ???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by cmrchs@gmail.com, Jul 28, 2008.

    I want to bind an ObjectDataSource to a VS.NET Dataset but it doesn't
    work.
    here's what i do:

    - I add a new DataSet (ProductsDs) to the App_Code folder of the web-
    project
    - I run the tableAdapter wizard and specify connection, Sql-
    statements and stuff ... and press Finish
    - several files are created in the App-Code - folder (ProductDs.xsd,
    ProductDs.Designer.cs, ...)
    - I save everything

    - I add an ObejctDataSource to the webform, choose "Configure Data
    Source" but the "Choose your business object" combobox is empty ?

    i read somewhere that saving the dataSet-code compiles it and makes it
    available to the webpages, and code is added in Page_Load()
    I don't see anything of this happen

    what am i missing here?

    thank you
    Chris