binding to a dropdown control

blenderdude

I would like to bind a list of items to a drop down control and then
bind the selectedvalue to a row from a different table. Is it possible
to do this with just databinding? I can populate the drop down ok, its
binding the selected value that causes problems.

For example say you had a list of states in the tblstates table. You
load these into the dropdown. And then you want to select the correct
state from the proper record in the tblContacts table.

Currently I would have to populate the control with a databind and
then manually select the proper state.

Thanks,
Mike