    It is easy to just load a dataset with the ReadXML and bind to the grid but
    try binding to XMLDataSource and be able to edit and delete

    I challenge you!
    Rotsey, Jun 26, 2006

  2. Hi Malcolm,

    If you're looking for an updateable XMLDataSource, try here? There's sample
    code for what you want to do:

    http://www.chaliy.com/Sources/UpdatableXmlDataSource/

    Ken
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 26, 2006

  3. Rotsey

    vamsi

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Has anyone had any success binding a XML doc to a Gridview

    Hi Rotsey,

    Good Morning,

    Did you find any way to bind an XML doc to a Gridview that includes a
    Delete and Edit columns.???????????

    if you konw please tell me.

    i got the same requirement and i am unable to get it.

    Thanks & Regards,
    vamsi.kethineni
    vamsi, Apr 28, 2009
  4. Rotsey

    sofwareengineerpuneet

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Hi Rotsey,

    Good Morning,

    Did you find any way to bind an XML doc to a Gridview that includes a
    Delete and Edit columns.???????????

    if you konw please tell me.

    i got the same requirement and i am unable to get it.

    Thanks & Regards,
    vamsi.kethineni

    Your Answer:
    Dataset ds = new Dataset();
    ds.ReadXml (Server.MapPath("your xml file path"));
    gridview1.datasourceid = null;
    gridview1.datasource = ds;
    gridview1.databind();
    sofwareengineerpuneet, Jul 28, 2011