Binding XSDs. Compiling an XSD into a C++ class or C structure with serialization methods

Discussion in 'XML' started by Paul Sheer, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. Paul Sheer

    Paul Sheer Guest

    I would like to compile an XSD into a C/C++ header
    with functions to generate and parse XML messages.

    I understand that XMLBeans and Enhydra do this
    for Java.

    XBinder, Liquid, and some others can do it for
    C/C++. But they are commercial.

    There do not seem to be any Free equivalents.

    Gsoap and Axis can do this, but they prefer WSDLs
    and are not specifically intended for XSDs.

    There is dtd2cpp - a perl package - but it does
    not work directly with XSDs (as far as I am aware)
    and does not seem to be sufficiently mature.

    Does anyone have experience autogenerating C++
    classes (or pure C) from an XSD using a
    free/Free XSD parser?

    Thanks

    -paul