    already have the connect string I can use from another form)

    Regards

    Mark
    Mark Scott, Sep 1, 2007

  2. "Mark Scott" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I have limited experience with ASP.NET but have had an idea for a
    > functionality I would like to add to our intranet site.
    >
    > I would like to put an announcement on the front page when a member of
    > staff has a birthday by searching through the staff db (around 250) for a
    > match of todays date.
    >
    > I am not expecting a full listing but any pointers would be welcomed (I
    > already have the connect string I can use from another form)

    Fetching the data is simple enough... You don't specify which RDBMS you're
    using, so I'll assume you're using SQL Server....

    SELECT * FROM StaffTable
    WHERE DAY(DateOfBirth) = DAY(getdate())
    AND MONTH(DateOfBirth) = MONTH(getdate())

    Fetch the data into an ADO.NET object (e.g. DataSet or SqlDataReader) and
    iterate through it as required...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP