BisonGen parser generator. Newbie question

ishtar2020

Hello everybody!

I'm trying to run the calculator example included with the "BisonGen"
parser generator, but I've been unable to put it to work.

When I compile the xml file "simple.bgen" with the script
"BisonGen.bat", the only parser I get is a C file. I've heard BisonGen
generates also a python file, which is, I believe, the one used
imported by "test.py" to run the testing.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong here?

Thank you in advance!

uche.ogbuji

"""
I'm trying to run the calculator example included with the "BisonGen"
parser generator, but I've been unable to put it to work.

When I compile the xml file "simple.bgen" with the script
"BisonGen.bat", the only parser I get is a C file. I've heard BisonGen
generates also a python file, which is, I believe, the one used
imported by "test.py" to run the testing.
"""

Apologies for the late reply. Holidays and all that...

Anyway, this is strange. You should get both C and .py file (and .java
files if you're using a recent CVS version). Here is what I get:

$BisonGen simple.bgen
Generate parser simple.c
Generate parser simple.java
Generate constants simpleConstants.java
Generate handler simpleHandler.java
Generate handler DefaultsimpleHandler.java

What do you get for output? BTW, if you want to try a recent CVS
version, grab the snapshot:

ftp://ftp.fourthought.com/pub/cvs-snapshots/BisonGen-CVS.tar.gz (.zip
also available).

Also, you might want to ask BGen questions on the 4Suite mailing list,
where other BGen developers hang out.

http://lists.fourthought.com/pipermail/4suite/