Bit of a newbie problem - SqlWebAdmin Related.....

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by martin c, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. martin c

    martin c Guest

    Hi All
    I am currently trying (With fairly solid Incompetence) to customize / modify
    the microsoft SqlWebAdmin tool.
    Anyone familiar with it?

    The problem i am having is (i believe) twofold.

    (1) When trying to call this object(below) I get a "Unknown Object" style
    failure from the ASP.NET code

    SqlServer server = new SqlServer(cookie.Values["server"],
    cookie.Values["username"], cookie.Values["password"]);

    (2) I am trying to rapidly learn both asp.net and c# (from an asp / vbscript
    background) and only have a fairly tenuous grip on what i am doing.

    My question is this:
    Is it possible to pre-load the relavent "Objects" so that i can emulate
    calls made by this code, such as the one above, as the pre-compiled /
    prepared application is not quite as i would wish it to be.

    There re 2 pre-compiled dll's in the package (sqlserver.dll &
    sqlwebadmin.dll) and i have a feeling that if they referenced properly with
    <%@ Include Namespace="...." %> statements i could use the objects. But i
    have no clue what to 'Include'

    Any thoughts / comments would be greatly appreciated.
    ps. You can get this tool(if you have never come across it before) from
    here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...72-5e6c-459e-a6d8-6745a729c3c9&displaylang=en
    thanks for your time

    Martin