Bit wise shift operators

Thomas Weidenfeller

mrinalroy said:
Can anyone throw light on >>, >>> operators in java language?

What does your Java textbook say? What did Google come up with? What
does Sun write in their introduction tutorial?
I am new to Java.

Which is not an excuse to do your own search first.

/Thomas

Filip Larsen

mrinalroy wrote
Can anyone throw light on >>, >>> operators in java language?

Perhaps the tutorial can help:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/nutsandbolts/op3.html

or, if you are looking for how those operators are specified then JLS
can help:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/expressions.html#5121

Feel free to ask specific questions if you got further questions.
However, I recommend that you first try to make some code that involve
the things you want to learn about and then come here with code and
questions if you can't make it work like you think it should work.

Regards,

IchBin

Thomas said:
What does your Java textbook say? What did Google come up with? What
does Sun write in their introduction tutorial?

Which is not an excuse to do your own search first.

/Thomas

And what does the "The Java Language Specification" say:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/j3TOC.html

--
Thanks in Advance... http://ichbinquotations.awardspace.com
-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)