bitstream compatibility

Zak

Am I correct in thinking that a design lab that was simuated and implemented
onto a demo board with Xilinx Foundation 3.1, can have its bitstream used
with another version such as Xilinx Foundation 4.2i?

Using the same demo board (with same Spartan FPGA XCS10 on digilab board
XLA5) that was used for initial design with Foundation 3.1 - I want to
demonstrate this design again on the same board, this time using Foundation
4.2i... I am assuming I can just copy the dot bit file from my initital
implementation, and paste it in the later 4.2i version of Foundation and
send it straight down to the board again without having do any importations
of schematics or code from the earlier version. Any advice on this issue
would be most welcome..

Thanks