    when I only want to view it, not edit it!

    Thanks in advance,
    Tony.

    Tony, Jul 20, 2005

  2. Tony,

    It as an old and very well known problem with Visual Studio Design view.

    Minimize using design view. If you need to switch there, after switching
    back to html view press Ctrl-Z, sometimes even twice. This will undo the
    formatting mess.

    VS 2005 shouldn't have this problem.

    Eliyahu

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > Can someone please tell me why Visual Studio wants to edit my Web form

    when
    > I open it up via the designer?
    >
    > This only occurs if the form is in FlowLayout mode, it contains a standard
    > HTML Table control and inside the table is a DataGrid Web control (freshly
    > dropped in from the toolbox). If you save this form, close it and reopen

    it
    > via solution explorer, Visual Studio marks it as being edited. Normally

    this
    > would not annoy me but if are using Source Safe with your project, then

    this
    > glitch starts to get frustrating because the IDE wants to check out the

    form

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jul 21, 2005

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    If it's a known problem then there's nothing we can do about it. Thanks for
    the reply Eliyahu.

    Regards,
    Tony.

    Tony, Jul 21, 2005