Bizarre Debugging Problem

Elliot M. Rodriguez

This issue has persisted through several reboots, IIS resets, and an ASP.NET
re-registration, and I cannot fathom why. I am hoping that someone from MS
support can help me, but anyone who has ANY insight, please advise.

On one particular page in my application, the VS Debugger has gone totally
haywire. When I step through my code, it does not do so in a linear fashion.
It appears almost like its a "step behind" - for example, if I attempt to
step into a function call, the debugger will overlook the function call
(despite me pressing F11), go to the next line, THEN step into the function.

When it DOES step in, it gets even wonkier. The debugger ignores my
conditional statements. Example: it evaluates my IF statement, then runs the
code inside the block (whether the condition is satisfied or not), then
decides to jump over the ELSE statement and start running code in my ELSE
block.

This is really nutty. The biggest problem is I have a block of code I need
to debug that is in this page and I cannot get to it. All of my other pages
work fine. I am following all the standard naming conventions, the
compilation works, and matter of fact, everything else appears to work as
advertised on this page. But because the debugger is not working right (or
the compiler for that matter?) the one section of code that needs to be
debugged continues to run.

Please advise if youve seen this before...

Thank you

Elliot M. Rodriguez

The issue was a result of my DevPartner Studio installation. After I
uninstalled it, my debugger is happy again.