    Thanks,
    Mo
    , Nov 15, 2005

  2. That is the way Transfer works. Transfer is entirely on the server and
    therefore there is no way for the browser to update the URL because it does
    not know that you changed context.

    Redirect on the other hand sends a signal back to the browser and it is the
    browsers job to move to the correct url, as if the user had typed the
    address in themselves.

    Peter Rilling, Nov 15, 2005

    So does something explicit need to be added in the code for Page B (the
    page being transferred to) to get it to display? The odd thing in all
    of this is it is only not working as expected in windows IE. In
    Macintosh IE it works perfectly!

    Thanks,
    Jon
    , Nov 15, 2005
  4. When you say that it is working on the Mac, are you saying that the URL
    changes when you call Transfer, because that is physical not possible, on
    any platform. Server.Transfer *never* informs the client of the change and
    there is no setting anywhere that can change that.

    There might be something else going on.

    Peter Rilling, Nov 15, 2005

    Nevermind on this... it turns out there was a questionably necessary
    "FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage" being called just before
    the server.transfer that was causing the issue. Mac seems to ignore
    the call, so it actually functioned better through not working properly
    :)
    , Nov 15, 2005

    The url in the browser bar always stays static, but previous to
    removing that FormsAuthentication call the content frame of the browser
    wasn't changing on the PC but was changing on the Mac.
    , Nov 15, 2005