BlackBerry J2ME: Print phone model number?

Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to print a BlackBerry model number using J2ME? I have not been able to find any way to retrieve a BlackBerry's model number. All I need is for it to show me something such as : BlackBerry 8830 oo 8830.

Thanks for any help that anyone can give me.

Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I found the solution to my problem.

Incase anyone else is wondering how to retrieve a BlackBerry Model number in j2me:

import net.rim.device.api.system.DeviceInfo;

String model = DeviceInfo.getDeviceName();

Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi friend

i am also trying to get model no of blackberry in my simple java code, but at run time it prints exception like

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Method <init> in class net/rim/device/api/system/ApplicationDescriptor has illegal modifiers: 0x102

iam also using DeviceInfo.getDeviceName(); and getting above exception
can you please help how you have print the model no