    netbean I use java.util.scanner and construct a new instance of
    scanner. Does anyone know what contructor and what methods I should
    use? Thanks.
    Clinto, Mar 4, 2008

  2. Clinto

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 15:25:02 -0800 (PST), Clinto <>

    >I am trying to write a simple program for a blackberry that will take
    >two integers as inputs from the user and add them together and return
    >the sum. I am having a difficult time finding out what package and
    >what commands will allow me to take data from a user imput. I have
    >reviewed the API, but am unable to determine what to use. For Java in
    >netbean I use java.util.scanner and construct a new instance of
    >scanner. Does anyone know what contructor and what methods I should
    >use? Thanks.

    I don't have a Blackberry, but if anyone wants to give me one, I would
    be happy to help them with coding problems. That is actually quite a
    good deal for a corporation, though not for a student.

    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    Roedy Green, Mar 5, 2008

  3. Clinto

    Clinto Guest

    On Mar 4, 7:06 pm, Roedy Green <>
    wrote:
    > On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 15:25:02 -0800 (PST), Clinto <>
    >
    > >I am trying to write a simple program for a blackberry that will take
    > >two integers as inputs from the user and add them together and return
    > >the sum. I am having a difficult time finding out what package and
    > >what commands will allow me to take data from a user imput. I have
    > >reviewed the API, but am unable to determine what to use. For Java in
    > >netbean I use java.util.scanner and construct a new instance of
    > >scanner. Does anyone know what contructor and what methods I should
    > >use? Thanks.

    > I don't have a Blackberry, but if anyone wants to give me one, I would
    > be happy to help them with coding problems. That is actually quite a
    > good deal for a corporation, though not for a student.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    > The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

    Unfortunately I don't have a blackberry either. However, I did
    download Blackberry JDE 4.3.0 which has a build in blackberry
    simulator that is really cool. I am thinking about getting the Pearl
    though. I am doing this as an offshoot of a homework assignment. I
    have started and will not be able fulfill my life until I complete
    this.
    Clinto, Mar 5, 2008
  4. Clinto

    TylerJames Guest

    On Mar 4, 6:25 pm, Clinto <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to write a simple program for a blackberry that will take
    > two integers as inputs from the user and add them together and return
    > the sum. I am having a difficult time finding out what package and
    > what commands will allow me to take data from a user imput. I have
    > reviewed the API, but am unable to determine what to use. For Java in
    > netbean I use java.util.scanner and construct a new instance of
    > scanner. Does anyone know what contructor and what methods I should
    > use? Thanks.

    Hey,

    What you probably want to do is create a screen with an EditField.
    Then use EditField.getText() to get the user input.
    TylerJames, Mar 5, 2008