    add data. The panel controls consists of SelectionList Controls that are
    created dynamically.

    SOMEONE HELP!!!!!
    Mark Gialo, Nov 8, 2006

  2. Mark Gialo

    JJ Guest

    In the Blackberry browser, do you have Javascript, HTML tables, and CSS
    enabled? (Click the wheel and choose Options.) These are often disabled by
    default.

    JJ, Nov 8, 2006

  3. Mark Gialo

    Mark Gialo Guest

    jj...i will try it tonight, and let you know...Thanks for your feedback.

    Mark Gialo, Nov 8, 2006
  4. Mark Gialo

    Mark Gialo Guest

    JJ...I went to options, and modified the values as you requested. Still it
    looks as if the code is rendering as if the device was WAP, versus HTML. FOr
    the objectlist, only 1 field shows with the "More" Option.

    Do I need to do something with the Web.Config to define the characteristics
    of the devices?

    Mark Gialo, Nov 9, 2006
  5. Mark Gialo

    JJ Guest

    That's probably because your machine.config is telling asp.net that the
    Blackberry browser only supports WML, or at least that's what it is
    defaulting to.

    When the asp.net 1.1 mobile controls came out, there was supposed to be
    continuing updates to the <browserCaps> to support many different kinds of
    devices, but that never seemed to materialize and then asp.net 2.0 went off
    and handled mobile devices in a different way.

    Try this:

    1) In addition to the settings I gave before for the Blackberry browser,
    make sure it is set to render HTML & WML. It's another option in the same
    screen as the other options. It's probably already the default, but double
    check. Also make sure the emulation is set to Blackberry. (If you are
    using a BES, you can create a policy for your users and push out the policy
    so all of the devices have these options set for running your mobile app.)

    2) Open Notepad, paste the lines below (between the ==== lines) into
    Notepad, and save the file as
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG\blackberry.config

    3) Edit the file
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG\machine.config and
    search for the <browserCaps> line. Just under it should be a "<result
    type=" line. Below the "<result type= line", add this line:

    <file src="blackberry.config" />

    You might need to do an iisreset after doing this - I forget if that is
    necessary or not.

    These changes will tell the asp.net 1.1 mobile controls that the Blackberry
    can do things like html, javascript, tables, etc. and should make it render
    correctly.

    ===================================
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <browserCaps>
    <use var="HTTP_USER_AGENT" />
    <filter>
    <case match="BlackBerry.*">
    IsMobileDevice = "true"
    isColor = "True"
    javascript = "True"
    breaksOnInlineElements = "False"
    browser = "mobile browser"
    canInitiateVoiceCall = "True"
    canSendMail = "True"
    cookies = "True"
    inputType = "keyboard"
    maximumHrefLength = "1000"
    maximumRenderedPageSize = "100000"
    mobileDeviceManufacturer = "RIM"
    mobileDeviceModel = "RIM 7520"
    preferredImageMime = "image/gif"
    preferredRenderingMime = "application/xhtml+xml"
    preferredRenderingType = "html32"
    requiresAbsolutePostbackUrl = "False"
    requiresCommentInStyleElement = "True"
    requiresFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl = "False"
    requiresHiddenFieldValues = "False"
    requiresHtmlAdaptiveErrorReporting = "False"
    requiresOnEnterForwardForCheckboxLists = "False"
    requiresPostRedirectionHandling = "False"
    requiresXhtmlCssSuppression = "False"
    screenBitDepth = "24"
    screenCharactersHeight = "9"
    screenCharactersWidth = "33"
    screenPixelsHeight = "160"
    screenPixelsWidth = "240"
    supportsAccessKeyAttribute = "False"
    supportsBodyClassAttribute = "True"
    supportsBodyColor = "True"
    supportsBold = "True"
    supportsCss = "True"
    supportsDivAlign = "False"
    supportsDivNoWrap = "False"
    supportsEmptyStringInCookieValue = "True"
    supportsFontColor = "True"
    supportsFontName = "True"
    supportsFontSize = "True"
    supportsItalic = "True"
    supportsNoWrapStyle = "False"
    breaksOnInlineElements = "false"
    supportsQueryStringInFormAction = "True"
    supportsRedirectWithCookie = "True"
    supportsSelectFollowingTable = "True"
    supportsStyleElement = "True"
    supportsTitleElement = "True"
    supportsUrlAttributeEncoding = "True"
    tables = "True"
    </case>
    </filter>
    </browserCaps>
    =================================

    JJ, Nov 9, 2006
  6. Mark Gialo

    Mark Gialo Guest

    i will try this evening, and let you know...can't thank you enough.

    Mark Gialo, Nov 9, 2006
  7. Mark Gialo

    Mark Gialo Guest

    JJ...my email is ....if you send me an email, i will reply
    with the machine.config file for your review. it still does not work.

    Mark Gialo, Nov 10, 2006
  8. Mark Gialo

    Mark Gialo Guest

    JJ...i got it to work..turns out that I grabbed a complete browserCap file
    from someone who made it available. Thanks for your direction and assistance.

    Mark Gialo, Nov 11, 2006
  9. Mark Gialo

    JJ Guest

    OK. You should post it here for others (if the person giving it to you does
    not have a problem with that).

    JJ, Nov 13, 2006
  10. Mark Gialo

    Mark Gialo Guest

    JJ:the URL below helped me achieve a successful correction to the Blackberry
    Issue.

    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/blackberryaspnet.asp

    Mark Gialo, Nov 19, 2006