Blackberry: operating system version

John Goche

Hello,

Anyone know whether there is a way to programmatically access the
operating system version on a blackberry device? On the Blackberry
7290 Simulator that comes with the Research In Motion Blackberry
JDE 4.1.0 I can access this by launching the "Options" application
and then clicking on "About" where among various details I can see:

Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.3.7

Is there a way to access this string programmatically?

Thanks,

JG

Thomas Fritsch

John said:
Anyone know whether there is a way to programmatically access the
operating system version on a blackberry device? On the Blackberry
7290 Simulator that comes with the Research In Motion Blackberry
JDE 4.1.0 I can access this by launching the "Options" application
and then clicking on "About" where among various details I can see:

Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.3.7

Is there a way to access this string programmatically?

Should be accessible by
System.getProperty("os.name")
System.getProperty("os.version")

Darryl L. Pierce

Thomas said:
Should be accessible by
System.getProperty("os.name")
System.getProperty("os.version")

Have you verified that? The MIDP environment is not the same as JavaSE.

Darryl L. Pierce

John said:
Anyone know whether there is a way to programmatically access the
operating system version on a blackberry device?

It's been a while since I've worked with a Blackberry. Have you tried
seeing if MIDlet.getAppResource() has any special properties listed in
the Javadocs?