    can't find anything, any idea where I can find something useful for
    this?

    Thanks for your help!

    Ben Johnson, Aug 28, 2008

  2. Ben Johnson wrote:
    > I'm building somewhat of a search engine and have been trying to find a
    > list of blacklisted search terms. Words that I can exclude from the
    > search, such as "and", "the", "a", etc. I've been looking forever and
    > can't find anything, any idea where I can find something useful for
    > this?
    >
    > Thanks for your help!

    Hi Ben,

    Try : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_words - there's a link at the
    bottom for some other sites that purport to provide 'stop-words' in
    various languages...

    Cheers !

    John

    John Pritchard-williams, Aug 28, 2008

    Try googling for "stopwords", that's what they're called.

    Emmanuel Surleau, Aug 28, 2008
  4. Ben Johnson

    Ben Johnson Guest

    Emmanuel Surleau wrote:
    > Try googling for "stopwords", that's what they're called.

    Awesome, thanks for your help

    Ben Johnson, Aug 28, 2008