blank cells not showing

tshad

How do I get blank cells to show in my dataGrid?

I am databinding to my datagrid, but any cells that are blank, don't show.

Normally, you would put an &nbsp in the cell to make IE display the cell
normally. In other browsers you can use the css statement empty-cells:show.
But this doesn't work in IE.

Thanks,

Tom

tshad

Eliyahu Goldin said:
Tom,

What do you mean? What do you want to see at empty cells?

In IE, if you don't have anything in a cell and you have borders on, the
cells will look different than cells that have something in them.
Typically, you would put a   in them. I Mozilla you would can use the
CSS tag "empty-cells:show", but this does not work in IE.

Very irritating with the different browsers. Knowing what css feature will
work or how it will work in each browser.

Anyway, the problem is how do I put a &nbsp in a cell that has no data
coming back (or null) from my Sql Server when dealing with a DataGrid and
it's bound columns when using DataBind? I don't want to have to go through
each cell of each row of the datagrid to find out if it is empty and add an
&nbsp to it.

I was hoping there would be a better way.

Thanks,

Tom

Eliyahu Goldin

As far as I know that what is happening. You always get &nbsp in every empty
cell. Did you view the html source of the page in the browser?

Eliyahu