    w3c. Why are IE 6/7 not loading the collateral page?

    Thanks,
    Dr.David

    Dr.David, May 3, 2009

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Dr.David"
    <> writing in

    > I hope someone can explain this.
    >
    > If I visit this site directly:
    > http://platt.hpaa.com/
    > then all links, including the link to the 'collateral' page, work
    > fine. But if I view the site in the left frame of a framed page:
    > http://hpaa.com/ftest.htm
    > then, although the links to all other local pages and even the link to
    > a remote site are still working, clicking the 'collateral' link does
    > not load the collateral page.
    >
    > viewing the site with FF and Opera, all links work. All pages validate
    > at w3c. Why are IE 6/7 not loading the collateral page?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dr.David

    This is a client side matter, and not suited for this group. Better to
    ask in a client side group, like alt.html or
    comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html .

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, May 3, 2009

  3. Dr.David

    nutso fasst Guest

    "Adrienne Boswell" <> wrote:
    > This is a client side matter, and not suited for this group. Better to
    > ask in a client side group, like alt.html or
    > comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html .

    Sorry. I meant to post in microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, but I
    should've waited before posting anywhere because with a bit of sleep I found
    the key thing that keeps a page from displaying in a frame: declaring HTML
    position:relative with CSS. Removed that declaration and the page displayed
    OK.

    nutso fasst, May 3, 2009