Blank page after selection

Chris Zopers

Hello,

I've developed an ASP.NET page with a dropdownlist and several
textboxes. When the user selects an item from the dropdownlist, some
data is retrieved from a database and displayed in the textboxes.

The items that are in the dropdownlist are also retrieved from the
database in the Page_Load event (only the first time, not in postbacks).

Everything works fine, except when the user selects an item from the
dropdownlist and immediately clicks the dropdownlist again (before the
data is fully retrieved from the database). In that case, the whole page
turns blank. All controls are gone, nothing is shown except for a blank
white page.

Does anyone know what causes this problem and how to solve this?

Greetings,
Chris

Christopher Reed

It sounds like you have a AutoPostBack set to true for your dropdownlist.
You might consider setting it to false and use an additional button to
submit the form. This way, if your user selects something in the
dropdownlist before the page has completely finished, it won't postback on
itself too soon.

Hope this helps!

Chris Zopers

Hello,

I use an autopostback on the dropdownlist indeed. I'll try your
solution, that should work!

Thanks en greetings,
Chris.