Blank page running ASP page on Windows Vista

JL

Hello,

I've a strange problem with Windows Vista, running an ASP page on local
machine (http://localhost/test.asp), the page does not give me any error but
the asp code is not executed (simple code : <% response.write("hello") %> ),
it show me a blank page, I think I've put all the setttings correctly, but
maybe I must do something obvious to fix that.

Anyone can help me ??

tnx !

Bob Barrows [MVP]

JL said:
Hello,

I've a strange problem with Windows Vista, running an ASP page on
local machine (http://localhost/test.asp), the page does not give me
any error but the asp code is not executed (simple code : <%
response.write("hello") %> ), it show me a blank page, I think I've
put all the setttings correctly, but maybe I must do something
obvious to fix that.

Anyone can help me ??
Same as the previous poster probably:
http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/why-does-iis-hang-and/or-stop-serving-asp-pages.html

JL

Hi Bob,

thankyou dor your fast answer, the problem is that I dont have the
synciwam.vbs file under AdminScripts folder, maybe bcos it's Win Vista ? or
should it be there ?
The other step :
"After the above failed, one thing that has worked for some people is to
change the Application Protection level of the Default Web Site to Low. This
is found by right-clicking the application, choosing Properties, and moving
to the bottom of the Home Directory tab. "

I cannot change it as it only an asp page under wwwroot folder.

other hints ?

many thanks !

Bob Barrows [MVP]

I have not installed Vista yet so I cannot be sure. Don't you have IIS
Manager to look at the website properties?

JL

Yes, I have the IIS Manager, but it's a litle different than II6 and I
cannot find where to modify the application protection for applications or
files in the default web site.

JL

Hi Bob,

could be that, but I cannot find where to enable this service on IIS7, I
think just adding ASP as feature through "Default programs" (option of
vista) is enough.

Thanks again !

Bob Barrows [MVP]

I don't think that's it, but I'm sorry I can't help.
Let's try crossposting this to .inetserver.iis and see if anyone there
can help.