    Anyone got any ideas why?

    Could it have anything to do with caching?

    Cheers Ollie

    Ollie, Aug 23, 2004

  2. Ollie

    David Jessee Guest

    man, that's strange. is the page navigating to a different url or posting
    back to process server events. if so, is the browser navigating to the
    pages? Is the server script executing? (you can set a breakpoint on the
    event to check this)

    "Ollie" <> wrote in message
    > I use javascript to open a child window from the browser

    (window.open.....)
    > this is then registered with the system using Page.RegisterStartupScript,

    it

    David Jessee, Aug 23, 2004

  3. Ollie

    Ollie Guest

    cheers for the reply David,

    When the user clicks on the a linkbutton (asp.net control) a dynamic url is
    created server side and registered so that the popup window is displayed.

    I solved the problem by disabling smartNavigation at the web.config level,
    this solved the issue.

    I have read that smart nvaigation in asp.net causes problems with
    response.redirect but never thought
    it would cause problems with attempts to redirect after a
    Page.RegisterStartupScript had been called.

    Cheers

    Ollie

    Ollie, Aug 23, 2004