blank pages & RegisterStartupScript

Ollie

I use javascript to open a child window from the browser (window.open.....)
this is then registered with the system using Page.RegisterStartupScript, it
display the child peffectly fine. The problem is that all the links on the
parrent (main) window now display a blank page when clicked on, they work
perfectly fine before the popup window is displayed.

Anyone got any ideas why?

Could it have anything to do with caching?

Cheers Ollie

David Jessee

man, that's strange. is the page navigating to a different url or posting
back to process server events. if so, is the browser navigating to the
pages? Is the server script executing? (you can set a breakpoint on the
event to check this)

Ollie

cheers for the reply David,

When the user clicks on the a linkbutton (asp.net control) a dynamic url is
created server side and registered so that the popup window is displayed.

I solved the problem by disabling smartNavigation at the web.config level,
this solved the issue.

I have read that smart nvaigation in asp.net causes problems with
response.redirect but never thought
it would cause problems with attempts to redirect after a
Page.RegisterStartupScript had been called.

Cheers

Ollie