Blanking on Redirect

Guest

In our order entry system there is a page called 'Orders.aspx', on this page there is a link button that redirects to the system's home page. We use a link button instead of a link because we want to do some cleanup if they leave the page while in the middle of an edit

This button works fine on my development machine, but not when I deploy it onto a test server. But when I click on the button, the page clears and displays 'done' on the status bar, remaining on the same page, not doing the redirect. What on the server could cause this problem? Settings?

There is another page that does the same thing, using a link button to do a redirect. This page works on both the development machine and on the server. I have tried to find the differences between the pages, but I can't seem to isolate anything that would cause this problem. They both have the same basic structure and functionality. What can I look for in the pages that could cause this problem.

Brian K. Williams

A good place to start looking is the IIS Web Log.

You should find it under C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Logfiles\W3SVC1

Check the path of the requested file and status code, 500 or 404 are not
desired. :~)

-Brian K. Williams

Reaction Labs