blasted tables by html

Guest

hey all,

for an html table what property do i need to changed so i can get my columns
the width i specify. everytime i change one column another colum resizes
itself. anyone know of any basic articles i can reference?

thanks,
rodchar

Guest

You are basically working against the fundamental principle of an html
table. It's made do adjust the size of each cell according to the
contents of the cell. If you want to defeat this behaviour, you will
have to specify an exact size for every column in the table.

As you really don't want a table, you shouldn't use one at all. Use css
to format the layout instead.

gerry

or ...

look into colgroup/col and use css with your tables to get exactly what you
want