Blending Java with Tcl! Help!

AJ

When I use "package require java" in a tcl program under RedHat Linux, exec
fails with the error:

"error waiting for process to exit: child process lost (is SIGCHLD ignored
or trapped?)"

Our Solaris implementation doesn't seem to have this problem.

We compiled the Solaris version using the sun compiler and the Linux version
using g++ using the same source (tcl 8.4.2, tclblend 1.2.6)

It seems that the SIGCHLD handler has been modified by tclblend and not put
back correctly. Anyone know what's going on with this?

I have verified that the SIGCHLD handler is changed in the Linux version but
not in the Solaris version. I am beginning to suspect the java runtime
environment. Nevertheless, I'm open to any suggestions anyone here may have.

Thanks,

Your friendly java programmers.