Blinky

Tim Greer

<http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=30863813>

This is being posted in a lot of groups. From helpdesk, HTML, webmaster
groups, to photo, cooking and others. Not that this isn't true, but
one person posting claiming so seems to have convinced everyone it's
legitimate. Not that this isn't true and I'm not claiming anyone is
trying to get attention or thinks it's funny, but I've seen this
before, where someone comes back from vacation and someone was
mistaken, bored, thought it would be funny or wanted attention. I
don't assume "Blinky" would be someone to do that, but someone else
could (you disappear from usenet for any reason for very long and
rumors can fly). So, if this is true, it's too bad. I didn't know
him, but posted back and forth on some various groups to him and
recognize the name anyhow. The way the news is spreading just strikes
me as a little odd (that is to say, if this was April 1st, I'd be
suspicious).

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Tim said:
This is being posted in a lot of groups.

I'll reply to you here, as I did in awwww, and for the benefit of any
alt.html readers who may not read awwww:

In another group, on Jan 28/29 Blinky posted that he was sick. In fact,
"Sick" is the Subject line. Those were his last posts.

Tim Greer

Beauregard said:
I'll reply to you here, as I did in awwww, and for the benefit of any
alt.html readers who may not read awwww:

In another group, on Jan 28/29 Blinky posted that he was sick. In
fact, "Sick" is the Subject line. Those were his last posts.

I saw that, you just never know online. There are people that like to
try and rile others up. It does seem true though.

Chris F.A. Johnson

****! 'Bye Blinky; you will be missed.

As a gesture of respect, I will post no more messages to any newsgroup for
the rest of the year.

So you're supporting Blinky's "Improve Usenet" project, are you?

;)

Tim Greer

Chris said:
So you're supporting Blinky's "Improve Usenet" project, are you?

;)

Oh, SNAP. That was a good one. I'm sure he'd have enjoyed that
response.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Travis Newbury
13>

Man, Blinky didn't get much of a send off in this group did he? A
regular in the group for several years, and he rates 7 comments.
Man, we really are insignificant aren't we?

Ha, and he wouldn't even be able to read this post because it would be
blocked... How ironic...

So long Blinky! Now you know what we all still wonder about.

When I saw the post on Saturday, it was raining in Glendale, and that
just made it that so much sadder. I will miss Blinky a lot.