  1. basilisk

    basilisk Guest

    <http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=30863813>

    basilisk, Feb 6, 2009

  2. basilisk

    Tim Greer Guest

    basilisk wrote:

    <http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=30863813>

    This is being posted in a lot of groups. From helpdesk, HTML, webmaster
    groups, to photo, cooking and others. Not that this isn't true, but
    one person posting claiming so seems to have convinced everyone it's
    legitimate. Not that this isn't true and I'm not claiming anyone is
    trying to get attention or thinks it's funny, but I've seen this
    before, where someone comes back from vacation and someone was
    mistaken, bored, thought it would be funny or wanted attention. I
    don't assume "Blinky" would be someone to do that, but someone else
    could (you disappear from usenet for any reason for very long and
    rumors can fly). So, if this is true, it's too bad. I didn't know
    him, but posted back and forth on some various groups to him and
    recognize the name anyhow. The way the news is spreading just strikes
    me as a little odd (that is to say, if this was April 1st, I'd be
    suspicious).

    Tim Greer, Feb 6, 2009

  3. Tim Greer wrote:

    > This is being posted in a lot of groups.

    I'll reply to you here, as I did in awwww, and for the benefit of any
    alt.html readers who may not read awwww:

    In another group, on Jan 28/29 Blinky posted that he was sick. In fact,
    "Sick" is the Subject line. Those were his last posts.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 6, 2009
  4. basilisk

    Tim Greer Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Tim Greer wrote:
    >
    >> This is being posted in a lot of groups.

    > I'll reply to you here, as I did in awwww, and for the benefit of any
    > alt.html readers who may not read awwww:
    >
    > In another group, on Jan 28/29 Blinky posted that he was sick. In
    > fact, "Sick" is the Subject line. Those were his last posts.

    I saw that, you just never know online. There are people that like to
    try and rile others up. It does seem true though.

    Tim Greer, Feb 6, 2009
  5. basilisk

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 06 Feb 2009, "basilisk" <> wrote:

    > <http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=30863813>

    ****! 'Bye Blinky; you will be missed.

    As a gesture of respect, I will post no more messages to any newsgroup for
    the rest of the year.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Driving can be tiring : Especially after supper

    Neredbojias, Feb 6, 2009
  6. On 2009-02-06, Neredbojias wrote:
    > On 06 Feb 2009, "basilisk" <> wrote:
    >
    >> <http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=30863813>

    > ****! 'Bye Blinky; you will be missed.
    >
    > As a gesture of respect, I will post no more messages to any newsgroup for
    > the rest of the year.

    So you're supporting Blinky's "Improve Usenet" project, are you?

    ;)

    Author:

    Chris F.A. Johnson, Feb 7, 2009
  7. basilisk

    Tim Greer Guest

    Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

    >> As a gesture of respect, I will post no more messages to any
    >> newsgroup for the rest of the year.

    > So you're supporting Blinky's "Improve Usenet" project, are you?
    >
    > ;)

    Oh, SNAP. That was a good one. I'm sure he'd have enjoyed that
    response.

    Tim Greer, Feb 7, 2009
  8. On Feb 6, 2:54 pm, "basilisk" <> wrote:
    > <http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=30863813>

    Man, Blinky didn't get much of a send off in this group did he? A
    regular in the group for several years, and he rates 7 comments.
    Man, we really are insignificant aren't we?

    Ha, and he wouldn't even be able to read this post because it would be
    blocked... How ironic...

    So long Blinky! Now you know what we all still wonder about.

    Travis Newbury, Feb 10, 2009
  9. basilisk

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > So long Blinky! Now you know what we all still wonder about.

    You assume too much.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Feb 10, 2009
  10. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Travis Newbury
    <> writing in news:7465af95-c1fb-4176-9c01-
    :

    > On Feb 6, 2:54 pm, "basilisk" <> wrote:
    >> <http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=308638

    > 13>
    >
    > Man, Blinky didn't get much of a send off in this group did he? A
    > regular in the group for several years, and he rates 7 comments.
    > Man, we really are insignificant aren't we?
    >
    > Ha, and he wouldn't even be able to read this post because it would be
    > blocked... How ironic...
    >
    > So long Blinky! Now you know what we all still wonder about.

    When I saw the post on Saturday, it was raining in Glendale, and that
    just made it that so much sadder. I will miss Blinky a lot.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 10, 2009