block access to page

duckyman

Hi everyone

Does anyone know if it is possible to block access to a site when
visitors use a specific external link to access it? Some webstats can
so the orignal link which has been used to access a page. I was
wondering if it is possible to use this method to block (or forward)
people who try to visit a page by clicking on a specific external link.
I´ve been linked on a site where I don´t want to be on. Unfortunatly
they don´t want to remove the link. That is why I´m looking for a way
to prevent people using this link from viewing my page.

Thanks for all your help in advance...

Grz,

ducky

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, duckyman quothed
Hi everyone

Does anyone know if it is possible to block access to a site when
visitors use a specific external link to access it? Some webstats can
so the orignal link which has been used to access a page. I was
wondering if it is possible to use this method to block (or forward)
people who try to visit a page by clicking on a specific external link.
I=B4ve been linked on a site where I don=B4t want to be on. Unfortunatly
they don=B4t want to remove the link. That is why I=B4m looking for a way
to prevent people using this link from viewing my page.

Change the filename of your page and all the other links.

lostinspace

Does anyone know if it is possible to block access to a site when
visitors use a specific external link to access it? Some webstats can
so the orignal link which has been used to access a page. I was
wondering if it is possible to use this method to block (or forward)
people who try to visit a page by clicking on a specific external link.
I´ve been linked on a site where I don´t want to be on. Unfortunatly
they don´t want to remove the link. That is why I´m looking for a way
to prevent people using this link from viewing my page.

Thanks for all your help in advance...
Grz,
ducky

Using "htaccess" you may implement referral based redirects (or denial)
using either SetEnvIf or mod-rewrite.

DJ Craig

If you have PHP on your server, you can find out the referer of a
visitor like this:
$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];
You could use that to block certain referers, but it could be hacked
easily.

dorayme

From: "duckyman said:
Hi everyone

Does anyone know if it is possible to block access to a site when
visitors use a specific external link to access it? Some webstats can
so the orignal link which has been used to access a page. I was
wondering if it is possible to use this method to block (or forward)
people who try to visit a page by clicking on a specific external link.
I´ve been linked on a site where I don´t want to be on. Unfortunatly
they don´t want to remove the link. That is why I´m looking for a way
to prevent people using this link from viewing my page.

Thanks for all your help in advance...

Grz,

ducky

I'd love to see me wrong, but how could this be at all possible? You can
copy a link from a site and paste it in the url bar and you can type the
same. You could not tell which the user did. I doubt if the action of
clicking a link, which just does auto what you can do manually or semi
manually would be any different?

Perhaps a more brutal approach is called for. How about a wild axe onslaught
on the office of the people who refuse to remove the link?

dorayme

CyberDog

dorayme said:
I'd love to see me wrong, but how could this be at all possible? You can
copy a link from a site and paste it in the url bar and you can type the
same. You could not tell which the user did. I doubt if the action of
clicking a link, which just does auto what you can do manually or semi
manually would be any different?

By doing that browser sends reffer as blank, you can block that too ;)