    Thanks for all your help in advance...

    Grz,

    ducky

    duckyman, Jul 21, 2005

  2. duckyman

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, duckyman quothed

    > Hi everyone
    >
    > Does anyone know if it is possible to block access to a site when
    > visitors use a specific external link to access it? Some webstats can
    > so the orignal link which has been used to access a page. I was
    > wondering if it is possible to use this method to block (or forward)
    > people who try to visit a page by clicking on a specific external link.
    > I=B4ve been linked on a site where I don=B4t want to be on. Unfortunatly
    > they don=B4t want to remove the link. That is why I=B4m looking for a way
    > to prevent people using this link from viewing my page.

    Change the filename of your page and all the other links.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Jul 21, 2005

  3. duckyman

    lostinspace Guest

    Using "htaccess" you may implement referral based redirects (or denial)
    using either SetEnvIf or mod-rewrite.

    lostinspace, Jul 21, 2005
  4. duckyman

    DJ Craig Guest

    If you have PHP on your server, you can find out the referer of a
    visitor like this:
    $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];
    You could use that to block certain referers, but it could be hacked
    easily.

    DJ Craig, Jul 21, 2005
  5. duckyman

    dorayme Guest

    > From: "duckyman" <>
    >
    > Hi everyone
    >
    > Does anyone know if it is possible to block access to a site when
    > visitors use a specific external link to access it? Some webstats can
    > so the orignal link which has been used to access a page. I was
    > wondering if it is possible to use this method to block (or forward)
    > people who try to visit a page by clicking on a specific external link.
    > I´ve been linked on a site where I don´t want to be on. Unfortunatly
    > they don´t want to remove the link. That is why I´m looking for a way
    > to prevent people using this link from viewing my page.
    >
    > Thanks for all your help in advance...
    >
    > Grz,
    >
    > ducky

    I'd love to see me wrong, but how could this be at all possible? You can
    copy a link from a site and paste it in the url bar and you can type the
    same. You could not tell which the user did. I doubt if the action of
    clicking a link, which just does auto what you can do manually or semi
    manually would be any different?

    Perhaps a more brutal approach is called for. How about a wild axe onslaught
    on the office of the people who refuse to remove the link?

    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 22, 2005
  6. duckyman

    CyberDog Guest

    dorayme wrote:

    > I'd love to see me wrong, but how could this be at all possible? You can
    > copy a link from a site and paste it in the url bar and you can type the
    > same. You could not tell which the user did. I doubt if the action of
    > clicking a link, which just does auto what you can do manually or semi
    > manually would be any different?

    By doing that browser sends reffer as blank, you can block that too ;)

    CyberDog, Jul 22, 2005