Block doesn't "expand" and borders not quite right

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Wayfarer, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. Wayfarer

    Wayfarer Guest

    Could some maven (shameless flattery) here take a look at the following
    site and help me with two problems:

    1. When zooming in, <div id="banner"> is the *only* block that doesn't
    "expand" to fit the text & image. I thought height: auto would work,
    but it didn't.

    2. Viewed in Firefox, Netscape and Opera, the borders for each menu
    selection don't go all the way across (you'll see what I mean, I hope),
    though it looks OK to me in IE 6.

    The page to test is at http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/wcts/index.htm, CSS
    is at http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/wcts/wcts.css. Only this page and
    the CSS have been validated.

    TIA

    Neill

    --
    Wayfarer
    Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp

    Wayfarer, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Wayfarer wrote:

    > 1. When zooming in, <div id="banner"> is the *only* block that doesn't
    > "expand" to fit the text & image. I thought height: auto would work,
    > but it didn't.

    It has height: 260px, not height: auto. When I give it height: auto, it does
    expand.

    > 2. Viewed in Firefox, Netscape and Opera, the borders for each menu
    > selection don't go all the way across (you'll see what I mean, I hope),
    > though it looks OK to me in IE 6.

    You have an <li> with a width of 155px then you put an <a> element inside it
    with width 155px + padding and borders. Reduce the width of the <a> to fit.
    Listamatic has copy/paste code for styling lists of links.

    <http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/>

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Oct 26, 2004