Blocked cookies

Guest

Hello

I have a simple site that has a logon page using my Access membership
provider. Username and password.

Problem is that IE blocks cookies from my site so people have to add the ip
address as a trusted address.

Is there anyway past this, I have come across compacted cookies but not 100%
sure where to find some information on how to do it.

Any direction or help would be greatly received.

Many thanks
James

George Ter-Saakov

IE only blocks (by default) third part cookies.

Meaning if I am on a site http://microsoft.com and there is an image (or
iframe) that served from http://mysite.com and it's trying to plant a cookie
then it will be blocked.

cookies from microsoft.com should not be blocked

IE will not block third party cookies if third party supports "Compact
privacy policy"

To add that support you need to simply add following header to the pages
that plant a cookie. (No harm if you add it to all pages).
Response.AddHeader("P3P", "CP=\"NON DSP COR CUR OUR IND INT\"");

You can dig and find out what exactly CP=NON DSP COR CUR OUR IND INT means
but the truth is IE ignores it. As long as it present.....

George.